Italia Day 4 (Cinque Terre, Lucca)

Today was more of an excursion than anything. I've told Blair many times on this journey that Italians in general, and Tuscans specifically, "get me." The food, the attitude, the kind of driving style-- pretty much everything I've encountered thusfar. We basked in the Mediterranean sun and sipped local wine today. And it was everything I hoped it would be.


Cone of seafood from Cusina Pescato, fried everything: anchovies, sardines, calamari, chunks of whitefish, shrimp, zucchini and blossoms, bell peppers, onions, and more. (Riomaggiore, Cinque Terre)


The mighty Med. (Riomaggiore, Cinque Terre)


(Riomaggiore, Cinque Terre)


(Riomaggiore, Cinque Terre)


Manarola (taken from Corniglia, Cinque Terre)


Ok, not gonn lie, some of these pics are terrible because they were an afterthought. The food and company were my first priorities, so sorry. This was a leek and onion soup with a crispy anchovy. (Trattoria da Pasquale, Lucca)


White wine veal bolognese with thin noodles. (Trattoria da Pasquale, Lucca)


Truffle Ravioli. I ate one prior to pic. I almost didn't take a picture because we inhaled them. (Trattoria da Pasquale, Lucca)


Tuscan rabbit with prosciutto. Not well pictured is the eggplant dish behind. Amazing. (Trattoria da Pasquale, Lucca)


This was prior to climbing 382 steps up to Corniglia. After there was much chafing.