Italia Day 5 (Montecatini alta)

Today was a day of rest after our adventure to Cinque Terre yesterday. We took a gondola up to old Montecatini (Alta) which overlooks the newer city from the mountain. Another beautiful day in Tuscanny.

I would like to offer a special thanks to cow 10459. Tonight I had one of the best steaks I've ever had thanks to its sacrifice. I would write a little poem about this cow, but that may come across as irreverent-- so suffice it to say that the folks at the Osteria honored the cow, and it will forever live in my memory. It was delicious.


A view into the valley below from Montecatini alto. 


The gondola we took up. At one point 40% grade on the mountain. 


Toast. The beans were warm and delicious. 


Porcini mushrooms over polenta and gnocchi. 


Confectioners shop in Montecatini. 


Aging steak (Osteria di Poneta)


How I like to live my life: gnudi. (Osteria di Poneta)


Aged Tbone. Super tender. Cut from the bone tableside. (Osteria di Poneta)